About Me

My photo
I'm currently teaching English in Japan and traveling when I can. I don't want to forget anything. So, I try to blog. This is my life.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Dolphins

Last night, I went to sleep and did not wake up until the sun was up. I couldn't believe it. Lately, I have been waking up every hour and a half or so, get up, put my heat pack in the microwave, and go back to bed. I woke up and my mouth wasn't even hurting at all. Which, was awesome since I was teaching Sarah's class all day today.

Teaching went really well! The kids actually listened to me, and I think we all had fun. Halfway through the day we had to go up to the main campus at the top of the hill for Bible Talk. It was all in Japanese, but there were pictures so I at least knew what was being talked about from those! The kids sat so quiet and listened to every word that was said, it was pretty amazing! The walk up was cold, so..my mouth started hurting again. Ugh..I am so tired of this!

After that I taught some more, had lunch, and then sent all of the kids downstairs. Downstairs, the kids found out which K-5 class they will be in next year. Dolphins (my class) or Penguins. They also found out that I will be their teacher. I was up in Sarah's room playing a game with a boy who will not be coming back next year. The next thing I know, I see a bunch of kids in purple hats (the Dolphin hats) peeking in the door, and they all shout, "We're dolphins!" and then come and pile on top of me! It was sooo cute, and such a good feeling! I really only kind of know half of them, but everyone seemed pretty excited! Sarah took our first class picture. I will have to post it when I get it from her. It kinda started to set in today that I will have my own class next year (the school year starts in April)! I've been working in other peoples classes, helping out..kind of like in college for my practicums. But, pretty soon, those kids will be mine! I can't wait!

I also went to the dentist today. I did not get much accomplished there, but..that is another story. I am going back next week, so hopefully this pain issue will be resolved soon!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I definitely wish that the dentist could have given you some relief! Hopefully the next visit will take care of it!
    I am so excited for you and the Dolphins! That is so awesome how they peeked around the corner and yelled (in other words) "we're yours". I am so excited for you! Come on April!!!! Sorry again that I missed your call. I love you and miss you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Kim has gone from Pigs to Dolphins!!! I could just see those cute little kids piling on top of you. It did my heart good. You will be an awesome teacher and friend to those kids. They are really fortunate to be Dolphins is all I can say!!!

    Why did the dentist do nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great feeling today with your kids! So glad you are finally getting a "taste." Wish you felt better. . . .

    ReplyDelete