About Me

My photo
I'm currently teaching English in Japan and traveling when I can. I don't want to forget anything. So, I try to blog. This is my life.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's almost February!

Well, all in all our sledding trip was a success. We spent the first half hour pulling/pushing/dragging kids down the hill because the snow wasn't packed down yet. I pretty much drug myself and a sled full of three girls down the hill with my hands and heels. It was a workout! After it packed down though, we really got going. The only near tragedy was when we accidentally kind of sort of almost ran over one of my girls. Sarah and I got a huge group of our kids together on this massive sled. We were going pretty good, and then we stopped. There were kids in front of me, so I couldn't really see the ground all that well. Apparently Marilyn, who was in the front, somehow managed to fall off and we kind of went over her leg. Thank goodness the snow wasn't packed down very well! She was fine. We re-situated and made our way down the rest of the hill. It could have been bad, but..it was all good! I had a blast sledding with my kids.

This past weekend I headed to the cabin by the ocean. One of my friends birthdays is coming up so we went to celebrate it a bit early. It was nice just relaxing, playing games, reading, and spending time with people.

The school year is quickly coming to an end. We switch levels next week and then we only have one more level after that. Crazy. We are on our 8th level of the year out of 10 right now. I can't believe how fast time has gone. It seems like Japan time goes by so much quicker! Sarah and I are headed to Thailand at the end of March. I should be coming home in June for a wedding. I will have a vacation (not sure where yet) in August. Then it's just a few months until Christmas. So many big trips in the next 12 months. At least 4 out of the country, and hopefully a few around Japan on weekends as well. Should be a busy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment