About Me

My photo
I'm currently teaching English in Japan and traveling when I can. I don't want to forget anything. So, I try to blog. This is my life.

Monday, January 26, 2009

It's just not easy

Out of all the people that I will be leaving, I said one of my hardest goodbyes today. It was hard for so many reasons. Today is probably the first day that it has truly hit me that I will be leaving people for a year. I've known it all along, but to actually realize it is a different thing. I'm the type that pushes thoughts and emotions out of my head and doesn't really deal with them like I probably should. Today, I had to begin to deal with them though. Today, my heart is hurting.

Along with the realization of really leaving comes tons of doubt. Doubting my abilities, doubting my decisions. For the first time, I felt a major wave of "I don't want to go to Japan" today. Deep down, I know that God has strategically set the things in my life leading me exactly to where He wants me. Ultimately, I know that the place for me right now is Japan. I know that this experience and this time growing closer to God is going to take me to bigger places than I could ever have imagined. Nobody ever said it would be easy though, right?

2 comments:

  1. my whole class of student teachers is praying for you. I'm SOOOO proud of you and i can't wait to hear all the amazing things God is going to do in you. YOU ARE AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you Kim! I know you are doing to do great and have a wonderful experience in Japan. Please know that I will be praying for you and watching for your comments in your blog and on facebook.

    I love you and am very proud of you!

    Uncle Don

    ReplyDelete