About Me

My photo
I'm currently teaching English in Japan and traveling when I can. I don't want to forget anything. So, I try to blog. This is my life.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today was another full day. I was in the other K-5 room observing today. It was good to watch Anne because she is the teacher that I will be working with the most. I think we will work well together. I don't think I realized how much there is to do before my class starts. And, at the same time, I really don't know what all I have to do. I don't know what I will have, what will be left for my classroom, what I need to come up with on my own and make on my own. It's all a little overwhelming when I think about it. But, Sarah kind of calmed me a bit today as I started to be overwhelmed. Anne is great at telling me what she thinks I should do in advance. But, it's hard to do without a room and knowing exactly what I will be doing. It's challenging to say the least. It's good to know Sarah went through the same thing last year so she knows kind of what to tell me and such.

I am excited though. Sometimes I am scared that maybe I have forgotten everything that I learned in college, but hopefully it starts to come back to me as I start doing stuff. I wish I would have gotten this job straight out of student teaching. I feel a little rusty. I know the timing is the way that it is for a reason though.

Tomorrow I am in a K-4 room. So half of the kids I will be observing will be mine come April! I am excited about that. At least the kids will come into my room at least knowing my face and name. Thursday and Friday this week are open house. Open house here is quite intimidating. Parents, grandparents, siblings, whoever..they come to school with the child and pretty much watch the teachers teach and interact with the kids. I can't imagine 30 adults in the room just watching my every move! Luckily, I am only observing this time. :)

I finally got my bank card, so I can go get money out of the ATM. My name is written in Japanese symbols, so hopefully it is my card anyway!

Nothing too exciting today, sorry! :)

Love and miss you...

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't have to be exciting to you to entertain the rest of us American's stuck in America!!! Love and miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, what's your name look like in Japanese?

    Also, have you seen the movie, "Lost In Translation" with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson? If not, now might be a good time to take it in.

    ReplyDelete